Monday, September 10, 2007

Tigercity

Things are starting to shape up around here. I'm slowly making progress on the layout, so it might look a little funny for a few days until I get it all done. Sometimes I get lost in Photoshop for hours on end, but I can't let the important (music) part slip!


I heard about this band called Tigercity a few months ago, listened to their stuff but wasn't into it. Then I heard them play live on Fair Game with Faith Salie (which is a radio show I absolutely love - it's like The Daily Show, but about more than just politics). I think the live studio session softened their sound a little bit. The foundation of their music is a synth layer underneath. Their drums are driven by poppy cymbals, and then everything is topped off with falsetto vocals. Not surprisingly, I think it was the vocals that turned me off the first time. Their original recordings have a harshness to them that these live performances do not.

In addition to the Faith Salie show, Last Monday they did a live Daytrotter session that sounds fantastic. We're still working on getting a place to host MP3s, so in the meantime, I'm just going to point you in the right direction for where to get these two sets.

Links:
Live on Fair Game with Faith Salie: (Click here, then search for "Tigercity")

Catch them live in Detroit next Wednesday, September 19th at the Magic Stick w/Mystery Jets and Stylofone.

No comments:

 
Clicky Web Analytics