Monday, February 23, 2009

We Swim You Jump

In February, my anticipation for spring reaches its fever pitch.  Everything outside stays dead despite the sun shining hard, trying to wake everything up.  Dutch band We Swim You Jump is a little shot of life that's getting me through until green things start to shoot out of the ground.

The band's sound is dominated by its vocals, with pretty harmonies that remind me of The Thrills.  It's simple, sunshiney pop that's good to listen to while you imagine warmer days. They recently released an EP via Subroutine Records in the Netherlands.  I was hoping you could pay for it in Heinekens, but I guess those guys use the Euro now, too.  The label supports young designers and photographers, and ten different designers have earned album art credits so far. 


No comments:

 
Clicky Web Analytics