Friday, September 28, 2007

A Box(!) O' Junk + Eric Clapton

A tradition started during this last hard-drinking winter. We'd always end the night with a trip to this horrible bar called the Biergarten just to take over the jukebox. Always on the playlist was "Friday I'm In Love" by The Cure and Eric Clapton's "Layla". Layla is a great jukebox song because the long piano part at the end gets you your money's worth.

That's about the only Clapton I've ever heard, unless you count "While My Guitar Gently Weeps". Then last night I inherited a stack of records from the boyfriend's parents. It contained half of what was once a double Best of Clapton record. I just heard him cover Jimi Hendrix's "Little Wing" and I think my head asploded.

I wish I knew how to rip MP3s from vinyl. Instead, I have a close second - a one-off cover of "Yer Blues" on which Clapton plays guitar, John Lennon sings, Keith Richards plays bass and Jimi Hendrix's drummer, um, drums. The band called themselves The Dirty Mac and were only together for the Rock and Roll Circus TV special that the Rolling Stones put together. The White Album was in that stack too, so it's sort of an ok substitute. It's #0930404 if you were wondering. I hope someone is going to play the lottery with that.

The Dirty Mac - Yer Blues

No comments:

 
Clicky Web Analytics