Thursday, September 06, 2007

hotville? Using that for Belleville is not nearly as funny :(

So it seems today is the official day that we kick this little thing off. As Christina mentioned below, we are still working on getting some hosting so we can post mp3's and whatnot, but for now this shall do just fine. I would just like to mention that I highly reccommend all of her choices below. Well its Thursday evening and the work week is almost over, so lets get some more albums to jam to, right? Let's do this.

Rilo Kiley - Under The Blacklight



(Insert comments about how such and such album is > than anything new.) I know, I know...their older stuff is better right? I get really tired of hearing that argument with just about every band that has a new release. Nobody is ever fully pleased. The truth is, I like when a band doesn't make the same record twice. It kind of makes it worth waiting for a new album. With their new cd, I can only thing of one word when trying to describe Rilo Kiley's new sound. Dancy. Really, this stuff makes me want to party. Now don't get me wrong, they haven't gone completely Electro-Pop and they certainly won't become every frat boys favorite band. It's just a really fun sounding record that I think anyone can appreciate. And Jenny Lewis' voice sounds greater than ever. All junior high school crushes aside, this is a solid pickup for old and new fans.

Rachael Yamagata - Happenstance



I first heard of Rachael Yamagata through the soundtrack for the movie, The Last Kiss. I thought the song was fantastic, it was sad and mellow and moody and everything about it was just really soothing. Fast forward to some 6 months later when I'm browing around Best Buy and I found out she had a full length cd out. I'm really picky when it comes to bands with female vocalists, but she has a solid voice. You can really hear the emotion in her soft, sometimes raspy voice. One of my absolute favorite tracks is the opening one, Be Be Your Love.

Ray LaMontagne - Till The Sun Turns Black



Another great find off of The Last Kiss soundtrack. Ray LaMontagne (try typing that fast more than 2 times in a row) rounds out my picks for the week. Definitely for fans of Iron and Wine, he has the certain kind of whispery voice that just begs to be played during a rainy Saturday morning. One of my absolute favorite songs off this cd is one called Can I Stay. Its one I play over and over again and it's just screaming to be put on a mix cd for somebody. It doesn't get much more relaxing than this.

Our goal here is to help spread maybe not just unknown music, but maybe just some underappreciated stuff as well :). hope you found something new or at least read enough to want to come back.

bed time for me, happy Friday everyone!

bye bye,
matt.

oh and for you myspace lovers:
Rilo Kiley on Myspace
Rachael Yamagata on Myspace
Ray LaMontagne on Myspace

No comments:

 
Clicky Web Analytics