Tuesday, March 17, 2009

I think Harlem Shakes wrote me a theme song.


Today I left my job and will start a new one on Monday. I'm stuck somewhere in between self-doubt and first day of school nerves. I must have said goodbye to more than 50 people today, which made the ties I was leaving all the more tangible and more difficult to let go of. I got home deep in thought, my head full of second guesses and my face tired from expressing so many different emotions today. It was time to get ready to go out and drink and instead I was feeling really weighed down.

Then this song called Strictly Game by Harlem Shakes came on, with a repeated reassurance just for me: this will be a better year. How can I argue with that? The beat of this song reminded me of something I couldn't quite put my finger on - then I realized it sounded like Kinky, a band that my best friend is completely obsessed with. How familiar and comforting.

MP3: Harlem Shakes - Strictly Game
Harlem Shakes on MySpace

No comments:

 
Clicky Web Analytics