Wednesday, September 12, 2007

greetings digital friends,
how's everyone doing on this fine Wednesday evening? Does the place look a little different? Christina did a great job, right? And I love that fucking banner at the top that looks like the illegitimate child of Ratt and The Decemberists. And I my friends am a very proud parent. After working 10 hours in a cubicle, my mind is fried. I am however loving this sudden patch of fall weather, and without sounding like a weirdo it smells great outside.

On my drive home from work tonight, I rediscovered one of my all-time favorite driving cds. It goes by the name of Put Your Ghost To Rest by Kevin Devine.
No matter how shitty of a day I have, this album will always put me in the most chill mood ever. Kevin's voice to me sounds like a perfect mix of Jesse Lacey of Brand New fame and Ben Gibbard. It's the perfect mix of mellow indie-rock with a few country-tinged gems thrown in between. One standout track is "Less Yesterday, More Today". Keep your eyes peeled for this guy, because I think he's got big things coming.

Check out Kevin's Myspace

Also, if you like what you hear, you should note you can catch Kevin on tour now as he makes a stop at the International Center on MSU's campus on October 12th. Also on the bill with Kevin is Chicago's own OWEN and Andy Hull of Manchester Orchestra Tickets are $5 and free for students so you should definitely check it out!

That's all I've got for today.

What's on the horizon you ask?
Well I'll tell you. I'm working on putting together a myspace for us, and I'm looking for any help at all in trying to book some interviews with bands (local or not). If you or anyone you know can hook us up or point us in the right direction, I'm speaking directly to you. I'll even pay you in hugs, or cookies. Other than that, we are going to play around a bit with some web hosting this weekend to see if we can start putting some mp3's on this baby.

No comments:

 
Clicky Web Analytics